Nasal Irrigation & Nasal Nebulization
Nasal drug delivery via nasal irrigation or nasal nebulization can achieve local or systemic effects within the body.
The nasal region has an abundant supply of blood vessels and is highly permeable to sufficiently small and lipophilic substances. When aiming to treat resistant sinus infections however, achieving a local effect in the sinus cavity may be more beneficial. According to the FDA guidance document on nasal drug delivery, the optimal particle size for nasal deposition should be substantially larger than five microns.
Nasal nebulizer treatments (with larger particle sizes of approximately 10 - 30 microns) have good compliance rates because they deliver therapy in less than two minutes, do not require refrigeration, and are very easy for patients to use.
Nebulizer treatments are also beneficial because they offer an additional strategy for treating stubborn sinus infections by simultaneously delivering multiple medications at high concentrations and minimizing medication waste.
Patients who have been diagnosed with the following conditions may benefit from compounded therapy:
- Bacterial Infections
- Chronic Nasal Crusting
- Fungal Infections
- Nasal Polyps
- Other Rhinologic Conditions
- Prophylaxis for Sinus Surgery
- Recalcitrant Allergic Rhinitis
- Smell Disorders
- Suffer from a condition not listed above? Contact Assured Rx for a consultation with a clinical pharmacist to see if you would benefit from a custom compounded therapy.
- Each formulation will use a proprietary blend of specially micronized xylitol with an optimized ratio of micronized poloxamer, designed to improve dispensability and solubility of active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- The NasoNEB Nasal Nebulizer Machine delivers a large particle size, redelivering a high concentration of the prescribed drug(s) to the target site while avoiding pulmonary deposition and the associated risk of systemic unwanted side effects.
- For Nebulizer treatments, a nebulizer machines required. The NasoNEB machines FDA Approved.
- Nebulizer machines are available to purchase (cash only, no insurance) for $120/machine.
- For Nasal Irrigation treatments, an irrigation bottle is required. Assured RX Pharmacy offers one (1) free complimentary irrigation bottle with a NEW filled sinus therapy prescription (one per patient).